If you have been injured or lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, you need the help of a compassionate and dedicated attorney with an in-depth understanding of cycling and bicycle accidents. Attorney Lee P. Marks has been a member of the U.S. Cycling Federation for 30 years. He is a well-known cyclist, cycling advocate, and has extensive experience representing bicycle accident victims like you.
To learn more about how he can help you recover full compensation for your injuries, please contact the Law Offices of Lee P. Marks, P.A. today.
Near Miss and Hit and Run Bicycle Accidents
As a cyclist, you know that drivers often cause devastating bicycle accidents without ever making contact with the bike or the rider. Many do it without even noticing, lost in their own world or playing with their phones, thinking nothing of those around them. But some know full well what they’ve done and choose to just keep going on their way, believing they can get away with skirting responsibility for the damage they have caused because they did not make contact.
It doesn’t matter if they knew or didn’t know that they caused an accident, negligent drivers who cause near-miss bicycle accidents can be held liable for the injuries they cause.
Unfortunately, hit-and-run bicycle accidents are not uncommon either. Whether you were hurt in a near-miss or hit-and-run, Lee P. Marks is here to help you recover the compensation you need for your injuries. It may be possible to identify and locate the driver and hold them accountable. In cases where the driver cannot be identified, there may be other avenues of compensation available to you. Lee Marks will tenaciously pursue every avenue of compensation for you and your family.
Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents and Injuries
Common causes of bicycle accidents and injuries include:
- Driver intentionally or unintentionally violates bicyclist’s right of way
- Right-hand turn into the path of the bicyclist or into the bicycle itself
- Left-hand turn into path of oncoming bicyclist
- Opening car door into the path of a bicyclist
- Vehicle hits bicyclist or drives into path of bicyclist when exiting parking lot, side street or driveway
- Driver forces bicyclist off road or into the path of other traffic without striking bicycle
- Unsafe passing of bicycle or another car
- Following too bicycle closely
- Distracted driver
- Driver intoxication
- Speeding or driving too fast for the conditions
- Failure to signal
- Roadway defects including poorly designed or improperly marked bike path
- Other roadway defects
- Defective bicycle
- Defective motor vehicle
After a bicycle accident, in the Miami-Ft. Lauderdale area, you deserve full and fair compensation for your injuries. Please call the Law Offices of Lee P. Marks, P.A. at 305-444-3343 or email us today to schedule your free consultation.