Whether you are hurt in a car crash or on someone else’s property, there is evidence and information you need to gather for your case immediately at the scene and as time goes by. Some may seem like tiny pieces, but the small pieces add up to create the full and complex story of what happened, why it happened, who is responsible and how it is affecting your life. This is essential to your case. The insurance company will try to discredit you with respect to each of these factors. A coherent and rich presentation of your case is necessary to getting the full compensation you deserve. To learn more, please call Florida personal injury attorney Lee P. Marks, P.A.
Photo and Video Evidence
Photos taken immediately after an accident can be used to document:
- Damage to vehicles or property
- Conditions leading to the incident
- The exact location
- All parties involved, including witnesses
Video of your accident can include video taken by witnesses, surveillance cameras, traffic cameras and weather cams.
Over time, you should continue to take photos and/or video of your injuries and recovery.
Begin collecting contact information at the scene and continue to record the contact information for other people who may have been involved in or witnessed the incident as well as others who may be involved with your case. Collect contact information for:
- The other driver and passengers in an auto accident
- All witnesses
- Law enforcement, security guards, EMTs, and any other first responders to the scene
- Tow truck driver in an auto accident
- All healthcare providers
- Insurance representatives
Records and Documents
Records and documents can show the economic costs and losses you have experienced so far as a result of your injuries and prove that you have pursued proper medical treatment. Examples include:
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Receipts for medications and medical supplies
- Estimates for future medical treatments
- Proof of income before and after your injuries, such as paystubs, W2s, tax records, and bank statements
If you have been seriously injured in the Miami and Ft. Lauderdale area, the Law Offices of Lee P. Marks, P.A., is here to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Give us a call at 305-444-3343 or email us today to schedule your free consultation.